Huge military plane, Paris CCTV removed and man slashed in a cafe

Good evening, these are the latest headlines from ECHO for Thursday, June 9th.

A huge military plane seen circling in the sky over Liverpool

A huge military plane has been spotted circling ‘low’ in the sky over Liverpool.

READ MORE: Outrage as French authorities say all CCTV of Stade de France final has been ‘suppressed’

The Army-owned C-17 Globemaster III took off from RAF Brize Norton at 12:52 p.m. on Thursday June 9 and headed directly for Wirral and Liverpool. The plane was later seen circling over Liverpool by an eyewitness at around 1.35pm in Bootle.

After circling several times, the aircraft returned directly to RAF Brize Norton, and after circling four more times landed at 2:40 p.m.

The C-17 Globemaster III is a long-range heavy-lift strategic airlifter that can operate near a potential area of ​​operations for combat, peacekeeping, or humanitarian missions around the world. The C-17 is capable of rapidly and strategically delivering troops and all types of cargo to major operating bases around the world.


Outrage as French authorities say all CCTV of Stade de France final has been ‘removed’

Scenes before the Champions League final in Paris

Footage of ‘extremely violent’ scenes outside the Stade de France at the time of the Champions League has been destroyed, French authorities confirmed today.

Liverpool fans continue to speak out about their heinous treatment in the build-up to and aftermath of the Paris final by French police, match organizers and local gangs. An investigation into the chaos continues in the French Senate, where the mayor of the Liverpool region testified today about his own experience as a victim of crime in the French capital.

But in another shocking development today, French outlet RMC reported quotes from the French Football Federation (FFF) which state that all CCTV from outside the Stade de France on the day of the final – May 28 – have been removed.

Erwan Le Prevost is the director of international relations at the FFF, he is quoted as saying: “The images are available for seven days. They are then automatically destroyed. We should have had a requisition to provide them to the different populations, the images are extremely violent.”


‘Plates shattered’ as man attacked him with a knife while he was having lunch in a cafe

Police cordoned off the Whistle Stop cafe.
Police cordoned off the Whistle Stop cafe.

Armed police stormed a busy street after a man was slashed while having lunch in a cafe.

Merseyside Police rushed to the Whistle Stop Café on Picton Road, Wavertree at around 1.55pm on Thursday June 9 following reports of an assault. Once at the scene, officers found a man had been lacerated inside the cafe and called the ambulance service to the scene.

The man suffered slash injuries to his arm and was rushed to hospital by ambulance. His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

Merseyside Police believe the assailant, a man, left the scene in a dark-coloured vehicle. Eyewitnesses who work on Picton Road said it was a “pandemonium” on the busy street after the incident, with armed police, officers and paramedics all responding to the incident.